Thursday, December 1, 2011

Buffalo Chicken yumminess!

I made this a while back, and although I used too much ranch, it was still really really good.  I guess you could call it a buffalo chicken ring, although mine was less ringish and more trapazoidal, it was still good!  This recipe is courtesy of  Jayesel.  She has so many yummy things on her blog, feel free to check them all out!  The only problem I had with this recipe is that I cooked it according to the directions, and it still came out with the dough fairly raw on the bottom and in the middle.  I wasn't really sure how to fix this, but if you can figure it out, these will be even better!

I hope you enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Ring


8 oz cream cheese
1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix (don't use a full packet, learn from my mistakes!)
Diced celery to taste (I used 1.5 stalks of celery...try to make it healthier)
Buffalo wing sauce to taste (using a new bottle of Franks, I used about 3/8's of the bottle...could have gone heavier)
Diced/shredded chicken (2-3 chicken breasts or 1-2 cans of chicken (my way personally...nice and easy with minimal clean-up)
2 tubes of crescent rolls
Ranch dressing/wing sauce for dipping.

Preheat oven to 375 F.  On a cooking sheet (or a pizza stone) spread the unrolled crescents out leaving a small circle in the middle (Pull apart 2 crescents rolls together to make a rectangle).  Mix chicken and buffalo sauce to taste and add celery. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and 1/2 ranch dressing packet together (if you are pulling your cream cheese directly from the refrigerator microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.)  Mix cream cheese mixture with chicken mixture.

Place spoonfulls of chicken cream cheese mixture on crescent rolls and fold rolls over to form a ring shape.  Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are nicely browned.  Serve with ranch dressing and extra hot sauce for dipping.



As you can see, I kind of failed at keeping a small hole in the middle of my dough...but it was still ok...though it might explain why it was so undercooked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment