Saturday, November 26, 2011

A little about me

I realized that I have not said much about myself on this blog yet, and although most everyone who reads this knows me in some way, shape, or form, I figured I should still probably still introduce myself a bit better than I have.

First a little about me.  I grew up with two sisters.  I was the oldest.  I have since added another sister though adoption (she is 2 currently).  I have 2 nephews (6 and 3 months) and one niece (also three months).  I graduated from Heidelberg College (University) in December of 2007 with a degree in Anthropology.  I have done almost nothing with it so far (unfortunately!).  I was working at Burger King when I graduated college and continued to work there until April 2008 when I moved to a hazardous waste company called Veolia.  I worked there for three years as a laboratory technician and a material handler before recently moving on to work for a company that employs people for P&G's labs.  I work there also as a laboratory technician but am focusing on clean material instead of hazardous waste.  I am working my way through college for a second time pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering.  I hope to finish it before I die :).  I own a townhouse that suites me and the family well enough.

Ok enough about me, a little about the family!  First of this cast is my boyfriend Aaron.  We have been together about a year and a half now and have a good strong relationship.  He is a grad student at the University of Dayton working on his degree in Electro-Optical Engineering.  He will hopefully be finished soon, I think we are both looking forward to the end.  He has been a huge factor in my starting this blog and has been very encouraging every step of the way.

Here he is with our dog Roger.

Speaking of Roger, he is next in this tale.  I was got Roger right before he was heading to the shelter.  A sister of a friend of my cousin (I know, kind of confusing) was working as an apartment supervisor and went to go collect rent from a tenant who was late, only to find out they were gone.  When they moved out, they forgot Roger so she took him in for a while.  When she didn't have time for him, she gave him to her sister, who's other dog didn't like him.  Since the other dog was there first, she decided she was going to take him to a shelter to find a better home.  My cousin heard I was looking for another dog, and sent me his information, I fell in love and he has been mine ever since.  Now he is nice and healthy and happy.  And we couldn't be happier to have him in our lives.


Roger and Vincent.

Our next pet acquisition was Vincent.  He was considered a senior cat at Sicsa, a local no-kill animal shelter.  We still don't know how old he is exactly, but he does not act very seniorish to me.  When we got him, he was still very underweight (although he had gained over a pound at the shelter before we got him).  A bag of kitten food, some wet food, and a lot of love and he now has a cute little belly and looks a lot healthier!


Finally we have Meeka.  We got her from a friend of one of my sisters.  She was pretty skinny when we got her (sounds like a theme) but again kitten food and wet food and she has started to bulk up.  She is the most skittish of all three of the pets and thus far will not leave the upstairs part of the house, but we are working on it.  We have only had her about 4 months, so it's slow but steady progress.  She is a doll and wants nothing more than to cuddle.

That's about it for the family (well the ones I live with).  My Mom and my Grandma (or Grammy like all the grandkids call her) have pretty much taught me everything I know as far as the basics of cooking.  I love to experiment with new foods and try out recipes that I never have before.  That's where all of you come in.  I sincerely appreciate your reading and commenting on this experiment of mine, and I hope I can keep it up and running to your expectations.  Finally, I leave you with a picture of my kitchen, where I work my culinary magic and sometimes find misfortune.  It is very "cozy" but I seem to always figure out how to make it work!


Ok now it's time to go feed my kiddos (aka Roger, Vincent, and Meeka)!  Cranberry muffins to be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment